Monday 17 August 2015

'You're Hired' Book Review




Easy to read, to the point and well written, this book is perfect for anyone interested in excelling in the world of Strength and Conditioning or looking into the possibility of joining.

This book was recommended to me by the head Strength and Conditioning coach at Teesside University the summer before I started by studies.

The book, written by the incredibly well experienced and qualified coach Nick Grantham gives you tasks along the way to assess and re assess your progression towards your goals. He is blunt, but in a way which inspires you to prove him wrong, that you do dream of being an S&C coach. Not for the glory of working with a famous team or sports man/woman but of enhancing their performance to make them the best athletes they can become.

You learn of Nicks own interesting journey to become the great coach he is now, how to stand out from the crowd, get experience, reach out to experienced coaches, what to read and why, the key to networking, your physical and mental development as a coach and how to go about job hunting. He really covers all the essentials of making the most of your skills. I particularly found this tasks helpful to see where I was in my learning/career, where I wished to head and how well I am progressing through my own steps towards my end goal. I love to make lists and plan so this was perfect for me.

I would definitely recommend this book to other S&C coaches, students and also others wishing to work within sport. The approach of tasks and hard hitting truth can be applied to all fields such as sports therapy and sports coaching. I would definitely have found e-book useful to read during my undergraduate degree in Sports Therapy.

Even better, this books proceeds go towards Marie Curie and the Richard Holmes Memorial Award in memory of a young S&C coach, Richard Holmes, who unfortunately passed away in 2013.

Get your copy of this e-book through Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Youre-Hired-Nick-Grantham-ebook/dp/B00MENQMEE)or the apple store.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Performance Sports Therapy. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig