Thursday 2 February 2017

Rest, Read & Recover



I absolutely love reading but when I started university 6 years ago (oh wow that feels like ages ago) I have never really made the effort to spend the time each day to do this for myself. At the end of last year I decided that I needed to make more time for myself as I was overwhelmed with work and spending no time for myself or with my partner. One of the ways I planned to do this was by reading more. This coincided very nicely with my new Miracle Morning routine (see blog post ‘The Miracle Morning ‘).

For Christmas I was very lucky to be given some great books as presents including: Friday Night Lights, Shoe Dog, Ted Talks, Six Four, Essentialism and many more!



I’m keeping track of all the books I wish to read, and have read in my bullet journal. I am also tracking my daily reading habits here to make sure I stay on track. My aim is to read at least 10 pages a day!

There is no particular genre of book I prefer. I read anything from business/marketing books to research papers, sporting biographies & autobiographies to fiction, and self-help books to medical books.

Right now I am reading a book recommended by my Dad called ‘I’m Okay, You’re Okay’, a psychology read which looks at Transactional Analysis (where social transactions are analysed to determine an individual’s ego state). It’s pretty different to what I would normally read but I’ve surprised myself that I’m enjoying it (whilst trying to analyse my own mind)!

For now I will continue making my way through the endless pile of books on my bookshelf, whilst adding more and more reads to my Amazon WishList. I’m definitely going to need an upgrade on my book case (totally to blame on my parents nurturing haha) !



- E

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Performance Sports Therapy. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig