Tuesday 13 December 2016

Ultimate Strongman World Championship



This past weekend I worked at the Ultimate Strongman World Championship held at the Metro Arena, Newcastle. At the event I acted as therapist to the athletes along with a team of massage therapists. The day for me started at 4pm and 8 hours later we finished at 12 o'clock to then head back to the hotel for food.

Throughout the day I met some incredible people including the 12 strongest athletes of the world, their support teams and the rest of the 'Strength Team', including friends I have previously worked with. It was pretty cool floating around backstage, watching the athletes warm up, talking to them and helping to ease any niggles. All involved with the event were such amicable and interesting people! I really enjoyed meeting athletes from all over the world and making new friends within the sport.

The buzz of the event was incredible. What a show was put on! I'm looking forward to seeing what Glenn Ross has next in store for Ultimate Strongman!

Well done to all the competitors involved, especially Laurence Shahlaie who took the title of World Champion!


Here are some behind-the-scenes snaps from the event -

With 2016 World Champion Strongman Laurence Shahlaei.

Eddie Hall warming up back-stage.

With the competitors back-stage.

Warming up pre event.

Back-stage with Eddie Hall.

The 450kg Yokes which were carried 20 metres.

Atlas Stones ranging from 115kg to 175kg.

Mikkel Leicht in the deadlift event.

The award ceremony.

With Strongmen Mikkel Leicht and Konstantine Janashia.

With Strongmen 'Big Z' and Mikhail Shivlaykov. (How small do I look? haha)

With Iron Biby!


All action of the show was filmed ready for broadcast on the TV channel Dave. Check it out at 5pm on the 30th December. I'll be sat ready with a box of popcorn!



Follow Ultimate Strongman here -

Twitter @UltimateStrong


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!!
    Lymphatic Drainage Bournemouth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sending this info. I learned alot from it. I am grateful for the amount of time and effort you put into this helping us.

    Regards,
    Sports Therapist Near me

    ReplyDelete

© Performance Sports Therapy. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig