Friday 30 September 2016

Breakfast at the Naked Deli | Newcastle-Upon-Tyne



After months of saying I would visit I finally made it! I ended up visiting not just once but twice in one week!

Unusually both I and my partner had a day off together, so we took a trip to the Naked Deli for breakfast to fuel us for the hours to follow in IKEA. 

On this morning we visited the small cafe on Chillingham Road. I decided upon the smashed avocado on sprouted grain toast with an organic poached egg and organic bacon, all served on a bed of rocket. The taste was sensational! The seasoning gave the meal some slight heat which was a great contrast to the creamy but plain avocado. I'm so glad that the portions were large, because I didn't feel the need to snack before lunch making the trip to IKEA so much more bearable for my boyfriend who didn’t have to put up with my hunger moods. To accompany the meal I had an iced coffee, served in a large glass.

My boyfriend chose the grass fed 6oz rump steak with organic eggs served on kale and broccoli. Yes, steak on a breakfast menu – pretty good right?! I didn't manage to try any as it was eaten every quickly so can't comment on the taste but it certainly looked incredible. 

They have such a large breakfast menu that it would take me a good few weeks to try all combinations but I think we can manage to find some time for that!

I can also recommend the banana and peanut butter protein smoothie which went down very easily on my previous visit!

The cafe also offers macro information on their online menu for those of you who keep track of such things.

Not only is their food good but for those of you who appreciate good decor, you'll love the minimalist clean but comfy feeling of the cafe.

Find the website here... http://www.thenakeddeli.co.uk/

I will certainly visit again soon - this time I think for a clean treat with a coffee!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Performance Sports Therapy. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig